Hi, everyone! My name is Daphnee Parra-Genest, I’m fourteen years old and I am Miss Teen Lanaudiere-World 2011. I’m am extremely proud that I will represent my province, Quebec, at nationals in July! This is a once in a lifetime adventure that I am about to embark. I can’t wait to see Toronto for the first time, but I also can’t wait to make new friends and to have the time of my life.
The main reason I applied to Miss Teen Canada-World is to become a role model for other Canadian teens, although I also love the glitz and the glamour of the whole thing! My platform is to support cancer research, because it is a cause that is very important to me. An estimated 177,800 new cases of cancer (excluding about 74,100 non-melanoma skin cancers) and 75,000 deaths will occur in Canada in 2011. These statistics are very sad but true. Recently, I participated in the Relay for Life and my team raised nearly 2500$ for the Canadian Cancer Society. I will publish a post about this event soon.
I am basically the type of girl who likes having fun. I love making new friends, hanging out with my ”besties” and spending time with my boyfriend. I don’t know what I would do without them. My family is also very important to me. I get along very well with my parents, and I think that’s pretty cool. My favorite hobbies are reading, writing and watching movies. I think I’ve seen pretty much every horror movie in this world. Well, maybe not ALL of them, but almost! My favorite sports are tennis and volley-ball. I’m not really an athlete, but I’m in my school’s volley-ball team, which sometimes I find hard to believe! Ha! ha! I also have one true passion: playing the piano. I’ve played it since I was seven and I don’t think I will ever stop. When my fingers hit the keys, I am mentally transported to another dimension. Nothing can stop me and I just forget all my problems.
Here are a few facts about me!
- I am half Mexican and I speak three languages: English, French and Spanish.
- My favorite subjects in school are English, French and History.
- I like watching documentaries and reading about World War 2.
- My favorite cartoon is Spongebob Squarepants and my favorite movies are The Notebook (classic!), The Secret Garden and Life is Beautiful (classic again!).
- I love traveling and my dream destination would be Greece.
- I have a five year old brother named Mateo. He is the boy I love the most in this whole, entire world!
- My father, my stepmom and my brother live in Florida and I love going there to visit them!
- My favorite place is Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
A big hug and a kiss for the Shasha Bread Co for their tasty healthy snacks they provided and to the organizers of the Miss Teen Canada event. Also big thanks to the Internet marketing firm PageOne for all the help with my pageant blog.